Monday, August 24, 2009

I Am Everything That Is Wrong With the World

I suggested we go to Applebee's for lunch.  I have piles of books and scholarly magazines that I honestly want to read, yet spent my two free hours today watching television.  When I watch television, I watch tivoed episodes of ABC Family's Secret Life of the American Teen.  Sometimes I do this while eating Wawa subs, which I love.  My garden is well past its prime, yet I continue to let it grow, and by 'it' I mean 'all of the weeds that are overtaking it'.  I think I'm a writer yet only write blogs, and an occasional ill-conceived personal narrative that I do not even post in blog format.

But there is hope.  I still have yet to drink a milkshake whist eating a cheeseburger.  And that, at least, is something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment